10 Insights from January's IronMind30
How was your January? Mine was busy – 30 cold showers, 30 workouts, and 30 days of clean eating, no alcohol, journaling and meditating.
It’s my third January of following Rob Dial’s IronMind30 – six daily pillars to build a stronger mind by talking down that little voice in your head – I thought I’d share this year's takeaways in case they're good reminders for you too.
1. Healthy body <=> healthy mind. These two are totally reinforcing, and incredibly powerful when working on the double whammy.
2. Find a why strong enough and the how will sort itself out. Top tip for getting to a strong enough why, go 7 layers deep on the ‘why’s?’.
3. The power of commitment. Don’t just decide to do it, commit to it. Invest time and money in it, tell people about it, get support, report results. Deciding is not enough.
4. Go with your flow. I beat myself for not exercising, meditating, journaling earlier in the day – truth is – that’s not when my body needs it so I’ll stop giving myself a hard time and enjoy them later.
5. Set yourself up for success. Have a date with yourself every Sunday; review what to stop, start and continue and schedule in your commitments - getting organised, celebrating & recalibrating helps keep you on track.
6. The power of Community. I don’t have to struggle through everything alone. This is a great example of where 200 people challenging their mind together every day and cheering each other on, makes it so much easier.
7. Lead by example. If you struggle to show up for yourself, show up for others; I led a group of 14 doing this in a Whatsapp group and that went a long way towards stopping me cheating on the challenge (thanks guys!).
8. Being selfish is the best thing you can do for other people. Taking a lot of time out to look after my mind and body this month has meant lots more energy for others.
9. Self-integrity builds confidence. It’s easy to have integrity for others, showing up for yourself is harder – but it’s what’s needed to build confidence and power-up your impact.
10. The power of Momentum. It's day 32 and I’m still going…. taking the first step is the hardest, once you get going, and get into a rhythm it becomes a good habit.
Anything here that’s a good reminder for you today?
What did you learn from your January?
Mehalah Beckett is a consultant, coach and trusted advisor passionate about people, the planet and empowering others to inspire positive change. She coaches purpose-driven leaders to impossible goals, hosts Masterminds for hungry entrepreneurs and guides businesses through B-Corp. What can I help you achieve over the next year?