Celebrating three years at Lead Powerful Impact Ltd - with so much to celebrate, reflect on and share, that this will be Part 1 of lessons from three years coaching leaders and supporting executive teams accelerate their impact in the world.
Here’s seven essentials that supported my success, and two questions.
Q 1: Which of these needs your focus in expanding your business or career?
Q 2. What would you add?
1. COURAGE - to get in the game, and keep showing up, putting yourself out there, trying new things, experimenting, failing, and getting back up again. Entrepreneurship is not for the faint hearted. But for those with a little courage, that continue to be courageous, in small consistent ways, the payoff is incredible.
2. CONSISTENCY - to stay in the game you need to do the work, and do it consistently, not necessarily every day (hustle culture is not my thing) but showing up regularly, putting in the work and showing up in a way that builds confidence in yourself, and you will soon gain the trust and confidence from those you can help.
3. COMMUNITY – to keep you connected to your game, and others with an aligned mission, surround yourself with peers at your level and several levels beyond who inspire you to your next game.
4. CHEER – have fun - if it’s not joyful it’s not right. Make it joyful. Or get out. Life’s too short for a boring business. That’s what (some) jobs are for. Ask yourself what would make this more fun – and do it!
5. CURIOSITY – continual learning and getting better both at what you do i.e. coaching impactful leaders, and how you change the world with it i.e. sustainably growing your business to increase its reach – are both vital to ensure you are having the impact on the world you were made to.
6. CREATE UNIQUE VALUE – serve others in a way only YOU can, be you, bring your passion, energy, story and expertise to your people and you will never compete; you are in your own lane and vital to those that need what you offer.
7. COACH – don’t go it alone – get a coach who gets you and has your back; who helps you celebrate where you are, envision where you want to be, and support you reach it, with ease, energy and enjoyment.
If I can do it, so can you. Wherever you are on your journey, you got this, and when you’re ready for support to YOUR next level, get in touch, let’s talk, I have your back.
Mehalah Beckett is a coach, consultant and trusted advisor passionate about people, the planet and empowering others to inspire positive change. She coaches purpose-driven leaders to impossible goals, hosts Masterminds for hungry entrepreneurs and guides businesses through B-Corp. What can I help you achieve over the next year?